I wear a veil as he wore a face, for the oldest reason there is for anything: to be accepted. The Doctor regenerated in your presence. The young man disappeared, the veil lifted. He trusted you.
Harry Potter Cookbook:
- Title: Lemon Drop Sugar Cookie Bars
- Yield: MAKES A 9X13-INCH PAN OF BARS
- There are multiple Harry Potter-related recipes posted under my ‘hp cookbook’ tag.
- Image and recipe source are the same.
Note: Zest lemons before juicing them!
- 3/4 cup butter (12 tablespoons), softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest (from 1 large lemon or so)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Lemon Drop Glaze:
- 6 ounces lemon drop candies, crushed
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or milk (see note)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla, and lemon extract and mix for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the lemon zest, flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Lightly grease a 9X13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Press and/or spread the sugar cookie mixture gently into an even layer into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Don’t overbake!
- For the glaze, whisk all the ingredients together (use less lemon juice for a thicker glaze/more for a thinner glaze). I used my blender to crush the lemon drops, then just added the powdered sugar and lemon juice and pulsed a couple times until combined.
- Pour the glaze over the slightly warm or cooled bars.